Thursday, November 24, 2011

Stupidity

     Or should I say Suh-pidity?   Ndamukong Suh loses his cool and stomps on an opponent in front of millions on national TV.  His version says that he was just gaining his balance.   Did he see the replay - no, maybe time to take a look - he literally kicked a man while he was down.   Tossed out of the game, facing a fine and possible suspension, he vows not to change his game.  At the time the Lions were only down by 7, but his penalty gave Green Bay a first down and led to a TD.   Time for management and the coaches to have a heart to heart with Mr. Suh and tell him he will change his game.  Known as one of the dirtiest players in the NFL, Nd needs an attitude adjustment before he is completely out of hand.

     Now for stupidity on my part.   Last year Black Friday took me to a camp out at Target to reap the reward of a 40" TV for a ridiculously low price.   This year, stores announced sales at 12 a.m. Thursday.   I had a present picked out for my youngest and waited for the proper clicking moment on Best Buy.   We all (shoppers nation-wide) thought that the sale would begin at 12 midnight EST (9 p.m. PST).   Nope, I waited until 2:30 a.m. PST to make the coveted purchase, but no joy.    I went to bed, and of course shortly after that, the sale began.   Best Buy randomly chose when to commence their sale and guarded the "secret" starting time like it was a matter of national security.   AND, I was dumb enough to stay up until the wee hours to shop their site.   Not next year, I have learn my lesson.......I hope.

     Civil War on the way.   The Beaver Believers have reveled in the misery of Duck fans over the loss to USC.  They have totally overlooked the fact that they miraculously won a game.   C'mon country cousins worry about your own problems and stop tossing cow pies our way.    When pushed by the orange and black faithful, I am reminded of old Beaver jokes, like how do you keep a beaver out of your yard - put goal posts in it.   Rip 'em a new one boys.   GO DUCKS!!!

No comments: