Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Blazing New & Old Trails

    As I was channel surfing I came upon a show entitled Blazers Courtside.  I wondered is this traffic court, criminal court, or just plain stupidity court.   After the recent arrest of Marcus Camby for possession, it looks like we are headed for the 21st Century version of the Jail Blazers. 
 Bumper sticker anyone?


    A minor apology to the officials on Saturday's Oregon game.   I said they feared flagging Arizona, when in fact they hit them with 9 calls for 91 yards.   But (of course there is a but), they need to watch the cheap shots (see my previous blog entry) and flag Stoops for unsportsmanlike conduct.  Like a child, he won't learn until he is punished.   I suppose I should stop complaining, his team reflected his lack of composure and took undisciplined penalties to aid in a couple of Oregon drives.   I know, I know, will I ever put this Stoops thing to rest?  Nope.



    Taking the Triple Crown - not horse racing, I am talking about the reality that the Tigers, Lions, and Red Wings could all make the playoffs this year.   Detroit will be "the" sports town for 2011 - 2012.   

A little early for the Lions celebration, but a guy can dream can't he?

No comments: