Thursday, July 18, 2013

ESPN, You Got It Wrong!

 

Make no mistake, I don't like pro basketball.   Too many showboats, too many "I" guys, and too little defense.  It wasn't always this way, I was a die hard Trailblazer fan when they had players like Drexler, Porter, Hollins, Twardzik, Kersey, Lucas, Williams, Robinson.......






But time passed and the team evolved into the Jailblazers.
Add to that the overriding arrogance of the league and my support to the NBA died.



Now to my gripe, to have the ESPY for the best male athlete of 2012 go to lebron james instead of Miguel Cabrera shows the network's bias to all things NBA.   Sure, Cabrera is a Tiger - and I am a die hard Tiger fan, but let's look at the facts.   Cabrera won the Triple Crown in batting in the major leagues, a feat that hasn't been accomplished in 45 years!  Hmmm, must be hard to do...   Add to that his American League MVP.   The historical significance of the Triple Crown should have easily tipped the scales to votes for Cabrera.




 


But no, they rewarded the overly self-promoting james.  Do you recall the 75 minute special called The Decision?  I know, the show raised money for some charities, but seriously, it was all about lebron.








Which leads me to my Red Forman Dumbass Award.   And the award goes to......... 










ESPN for their inability to divorce themselves from the NBA!





You guys suck!

No comments: