Sunday, March 17, 2013

One For The Little Guy

     When Tourney MVP Johnathan Loyd hit his 2nd shot of the night in the Pac 12 Championship game, I texted a buddy of mine "Johnny Loyd is gonna go off for 20, just wait".    Like the Black Eyed Peas, "I got a feelin", and that feeling was the little guy would play a major factor.   In front of his hometown crowd, he hit for 19, ever so close to my gaze into the crystal ball.   My detractors will say sure you did!   But I have proof, I kept the text on my cell phone.   Why all the hoopla over my statement?  It seems my predictions seldom are correct, but sound reasonably plausible at the time.  It just feels good to be right once in a while.



     I had to wonder, perhaps, was Big Bill broadcasting in an altered state.    He certainly knows his Eugene area geography taking us with him on a "trip" through the area on his never-ending ramblings that have nothing to do with the game.  I shouldn't complain, at least we aren't having to dwell on what might have been a bad call for 10 minutes as was the habit of a previous local announcer (rhymes with Giant Sundae).  



Now to a prediction I am happy to say was way off.   As I left work on the night of the first tourney game, I said, "One and done?"    Glad to have the Ducks prove me wrong.    On to the NCAA's!  Speaking of the little guy, a 12th seed for Oregon and UCLA gets a 6th?   Is the selection committee smoking with Bill, c'mon!

No comments: